C-lightning: A specification compliant Lightning Network implementation in C.
C-lightning is a lighweight, highly customizable and standard compliant implementation of the Lightning Network protocol.
C-lightning only works on Linux and Mac OS, and requires a locally (or remotely) running groestlcoind (version 2.16.0 or above) that is fully caught up with the network you're testing on.
• Much improved parameter verification in lightning-cli makes it easier to debug why a call failed.
• You can now query for the status of an invoice based on the hash or the invoice.
• Plugins that are started while the node is running can now receive command line arguments as if they were provided at node startup.
• The security of the hsmtool used to encrypt and decrypt the node's seed key was improved by switching to a passphrase prompt instead of a command line argument.
• Multiple plugins can now register for the db_write hook, which means you can now run multiple backup plugins at the same time. In addition we wrote extensive documentation on how to secure your node from dataloss.
• No more reckless: the default network changed from testnet to groestlcoin.
• We have experimental support for the onion messages proposal, allowing arbitrary messages to be exchanged between nodes in the network.
• We have experimental support for the offers proposal, enabling reusable invoices, refunds, invoices denominated in currencies other than groestlcoins, and much much more. If you ever wanted to have an inline communication step with the other endpoint of a payment then take a look at this.
• pyln now supports both receiving notifications from the RPC interface, as well as sending notifications in methods implemented by plugins. No more waiting in front of a blank screen for your users.
• The new createinvoice allows you to create an invoice externally, then have your node sign it and manage it internally.
• You can use sendonionmessage to send an onion routed message, which recipient can receive using a plugin that register for the onion_message or onion_message_blinded hook.
• Creating channels.
• Closing channels.
• Completely managing all channel states (including the exceptional ones!).
• Performing path finding within the network, passively forwarding incoming payments.
• Sending outgoing onion-encrypted payments through the network.
• Automatic channel management (autopilot).
This application is licensed under MIT. There is no warranty and no party shall be made liable to you for damages. If you lose coins due to this app, no compensation will be given. Use this app solely at your own risk.
Source code: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/lightning