Core lightning: A specification compliant Lightning Network implementation in C.
Core lightning is a lighweight, highly customizable and standard compliant implementation of the Lightning Network protocol.
Core lightning only works on Linux and Mac OS, and requires a locally (or remotely) running groestlcoind (version 2.16.0 or above) that is fully caught up with the network you're testing on.
• The new experimental reckless plugin manager can be used to download, install and uninstall plugins on the fly. We have many new features planned for it, so stay tuned.
• When receiving a keysend any extra TLV fields will be stored so they can be retrieved later.
• The --database-update=false flag allows users wanting to test unreleased versions from accidentally upgrading the database, and then be unable to switch to a released version again.
• Several performance issues, particularly for larger nodes, have been addressed.
• Support for the legacy onion encoding has been removed, since the more modern and flexible TLV encoding is now widely deployed.
• We have started preparing for a splicing implementation, but merging the interactive TX creation API.
• We now require all channel_update messages include htlc_maximum_msat (as per latest BOLTs)
• Results from the API can now be filtered using the filter API. This can be used to massively reduce the size of results if only part of it is required.
• The openchannel hook can be used to set a reserve value other than the 1% default value. This also allows not having a reserve in case the peer is (semi-)trusted.
• We reintroduced a number of deprecated features, since some integrations had missed the deprecation window, and asked for some more time to update their apps.
• We delayed the rollout of DNS names in the gossip due to a lack of support in the network.
• Creating channels.
• Closing channels.
• Completely managing all channel states (including the exceptional ones!).
• Performing path finding within the network, passively forwarding incoming payments.
• Sending outgoing onion-encrypted payments through the network.
• Automatic channel management (autopilot).
This application is licensed under MIT. There is no warranty and no party shall be made liable to you for damages. If you lose coins due to this app, no compensation will be given. Use this app solely at your own risk.
Source code: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/lightning