Groestlcoin Armory is the most secure and full featured solution available for advanced users and enterprise business to generate and store Groestlcoin private keys. Groestlcoin Armory empowers users with multiple encrypted Groestlcoin wallets and provides permanent one-time ‘paper backups’.
Groestlcoin Armory makes Groestlcoin security best practices accessible to everyone through its unique interface and is created with developers in mind for building Groestlcoin apps like exchanges and crowdfunding platforms.
Groestlcoin Armory has no independent networking components built in. Instead, it relies on the Groestlcoin Core to securely connect to peers, validate blockchain data, and broadcast transactions for us. The reliance on Groestlcoin Core right now is actually making Groestlcoin Armory more secure!
If you want to manage multiple wallets (deterministic and watching-only), print paper backups that work forever, import or sweep private keys, and keep your savings in a computer that never touches the internet (while still being able to manage incoming payments, and create outgoing payments with the help of a USB key) Groestlcoin Armory is the right choice for you!
• Encrypted wallet (optional). Wallet encryption with GPU-resistent key derivation function: AES256 in-place key encryption. Encryption key is generated with a scrypt-based algorithm to renders GPU-acceleration useless for brute-force passphrase guessing. Speed and memory parameters are calibrated to your system speed.
• Corruption-resistent wallet files Wallet code auto-corrects bit-flips on your hard-drive, and also uses a synchronous backup wallet scheme that guarantees no matter which nanosecond the power goes out, your wallet will never be corrupted (or automatically recovered if it does).
• Maintain offline wallets for 100% security from online attackers. You can use Groestlcoin Armory to create a wallet on a computer that will never touch the internet again, and then make a watching-only copy to use on the internet computer. You can monitor transactions online, and sign transactions offline without needing the blockchain. And since it doesn't need the blockchain, even a computer with 512 MB of RAM can be used as the offline system.
• Import addresses created with VanityGen or sweep funds from paperwallets. Import trusted private keys into your wallets, or just "sweep" the funds to another address in your wallet. Supports private keys in hex, base58, and mini-private-key format used on Groestlcoin Address Utility.
• Toggle between “Standard”, “Advanced”, and Expert modes to guarantee an appropriate set of options and information. Choose between "Standard", "Advanced" and "Expert", to scale the functionality according to your experience level. "Standard" user mode has a reduced set of functionality and only presents information necessary for basic wallet management and transactions. "Advanced" and "Expert" modes have a plethora of extra options and information that most users don't need or want.
• Ability to add "Watching-Only" Wallets. "Watching-only" wallets can be used generate addresses and confirm incoming payments, but cannot spend the money. Keep the full wallet on an offline computer, and maintain it safely from the online computer. Or create a master wallet for your business, and give a watching-only copy to your employees to do business. It's impossible for a hacker (or employee) to steal your Groestlcoins if your private keys are on a computer that never touched the internet!
• SecurePrint for all Backup Types. Print a paper backup of your wallet on one sheet of paper, and keep it in a book on your bookshelf, in a safe, or drop it in a safe-deposit box at your bank. Paper wallets are superior to digital media, because paper is cheap, easy to store, and you can verify the integrity of the backup by eye. If you backup your wallet to a USB key, how do you know that it will still work when you plug it in two years from now? If you can read the characters on the paper backup, you can recover all the funds you ever received to it!
• Developer-Friendly! Thoroughly-commented Python code. Thoroughly-commented C++ code. Thousands of lines of unit-test code for verifying almost every sub-function of the entire library. Simple wallet files. And the "Developer" user mode will give you everything you could possibly need to help you with your own development: browse the blockchain, examine tx scripts, etc.
• Multi-wallet interface: Manage as many wallets as you want simultaneously. Groestlcoin Armory was designed from the start for multi-wallet operations without limit on number.
• Deterministic wallets: Your entire wallet is recoverable from only the root address and a "chaincode." You only need to backup your wallet once, and your funds will be safe forever. (NOTE: if you have imported private keys, consider using the "Backup Individual Keys" dialog instead --you can backup both the root key & chaincode, along with the raw private key data for imported keys, all in one screen).
• One-time-only Backups: Did you know that you need to backup your Groestlcoin Core wallet every 100 addresses? This is a dangerous and unnecessary burden for most users. With Groestlcoin Armory, regardless of whether you make a paper backup or digital backup, it will be good forever. Do it once (though, maybe multiple copies). Store it safely. Never worry again about whether your coins are protected against hard-drive failure.
• Get your private keys! There is no database software obscuring key data. All keys are stored in a straightforward binary wallet format, and easily extractable. If you want to switch to another wallet application, you can simply "Backup Individual Keys" and import them into the other wallet.
• Decentralized Multi-Signature "Lockboxes" (up to 7-of-7)
• Daemon/API for Services and Network Integration
• Message Signing
• Fragmented (M-of-N) Backups
This application is licensed under the GPL version 3. There is no warranty and no party shall be made liable to you for damages. If you lose coins due to this app, no compensation will be given. Use this app solely at your own risk.
Groestlcoin Armory uses a filename .wallet instead of wallet.dat (like in Groestlcoin Core). Back up your files by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.
The multi-signature addresses starts with a "3" and not with a "F".
• Location Windows: Navigate to C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\GroestlcoinArmory (or open windows explorer and enter %appdata%\GroestlcoinArmory) and back up your .wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.
• Location Mac: Navigate to ~/Libarary/Application Support/GroestlcoinArmory and back up your .wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.