Electrum-GRS is a lightweight "thin client" groestlcoin wallet Windows, MacOS and Linux based on a client-server protocol.
Its main advantages over the original Groestlcoin client include support for multi-signature wallets and not requiring the download of the entire block chain.
If you are an ordinary user of Groestlcoin and simply want the convenience of a web wallet with the security of a real application and support for multi-signature, then Elecrum-GRS is the right choice for you.
Changelog Electrum-GRS 4.0.7:
• PSBT: restore compatibility with Groestlcoin Core following CVE-2020-14199: we now allow a PSBT input to have both UTXO and WITNESS_UTXO. (PSBTs created since 4.0.2 already contained UTXO for segwit inputs).
• Hardware wallets: run all device communication on a dedicated thread.
• New feature: "Automated BIP39 recovery". When restoring from a BIP39 seed, add option to scan many known derivation paths for history, and show them to user to choose from.
• Show derivation path of keystores in Qt GUI Wallet>Information.
• Fix "signtransaction" RPC command.
• The tar.gz source dist now bundles make_libsecp256k1.sh, to help users getting libsecp256k1.
• New feature: "Cancel tx". The Qt/kivy GUI allows cancelling an unconfirmed RBF tx by double-spending its inputs to self.
• Windows binary:
- fix some issues with QR scanning by building zbar ourselves.
- when using setup exe, also install a debug binary.
• Fix .dmg binary hanging on recently released macOS 11 Big Sur.
- bugfix: during LN channel opening, if the client crashed at the wrong moment, the channel might not get fully persisted to disk, and would need manual console-tinkering to recover.
- Lightning is enabled by default. Electrum-GRS will not connect to the Lightning Network until the user opens a channel.
- smarter node recommendation (to open channels with).
• Fix 'Max' button issue for submarine swaps button.
• Fix 'Max' button in kivy.
• Various fixes for Kivy/Android install wizard.
• Kivy: fix open channel with 'max' amount.
• Dependencies (as part of adapting to new dnspython):
- pyaes is no longer needed.
- python-ecdsa is no longer needed at all.
- cryptography is now required (min 2.6), the user can no longer choose between cryptography and pycryptodomex.
This application is licensed under the GPL version 3. There is no warranty and no party shall be made liable to you for damages. If you lose coins due to this app, no compensation will be given. Use this app solely at your own risk.
Store your secret phrase somewhere safe!
The multi-signature and non native segwit addresses starts with a "3" and not with a "F".
Electrum-GRS creates an encrypted filename default_wallet instead of wallet.dat (like in Groestlcoin Core)
• Location Windows: Navigate to C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Electrum-grs\wallets (or open windows explorer and enter %appdata%\Electrum-grs\wallets) and back up your default_wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.
• Location Mac: Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Electrum-grs/wallets and back up your default_wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.
GitHub Source server: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrumx
Github Source server installer: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrumx-grs-installer
Github Source client: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrum-grs
Github Source icons: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrum-grs-icons