Electrum-GRS is a lightweight "thin client" groestlcoin wallet Windows, MacOS and Linux based on a client-server protocol.
Its main advantages over the original Groestlcoin client include support for multi-signature wallets and not requiring the download of the entire block chain.
If you are an ordinary user of Groestlcoin and simply want the convenience of a web wallet with the security of a real application and support for multi-signature, then Elecrum-GRS is the right choice for you.
• When creating new requests, reuse addresses of expired requests
• Index requests by ID instead of receiving address. This affects the following commands: get_request, get_invoice, list_requests, list_invoices, delete_request, delete_invoice
• Trampoline routing: remember routes that have failed. Try other routes instead of systematically raising tampoline fees
• Fix sweep to_local output from channel backup
• Harden build script for macOS binary: avoid using precompiled wheels from PyPI for most packages
- never put ypub/zpub in psbts, only plain xpubs
- for witness v0 txins, put both UTXO and WIT_UTXO in psbt
• Hardware wallets:
- Trezor: optimize signing speed by not serializing tx
- tighten build system to only use source pkgs in more places
- use debian makensis instead of upstream windows exe
- stop using debian sid, build missing dep instead
- AppImage: fix failing to run on certain systems
- getinfo() to show if running in testnet mode
- add a "convert_currency" command (for fiat FX rate)
• Qt wizard: fix QR code not shown during 2fa wallet creation
• rework Tor-socks-proxy detection to reduce Tor-log-spam
• fix payserver (merchant) js for electrum 4.3 invoice api
• bip21: more robust handling of URIs that include a "lightning" key
- make sending trampoline payments more reliable
- use different trampoline feature bits than eclair
- limit max feature bit we accept to 10_000
- do not disconnect on "warning" messages
- fix handling failed HTLCs in gossip-based routing
- fix LN cooperative-chan-close to witness v1 addr
• invoice-handling: fix get_request_by_addr incorrectly mapping addresses to request ids when an address was reused
• fix a deadlock in wallet.py
• CLI: detect if daemon is already running
• add an AppStream metainfo.xml file for Linux packagers
• payserver plugin:
- replaced vendored qrcode lib
- added tabs for on-chain and lightning invoices
• Privacy features:
- lightning: support for option scid_alias.
- Qt GUI: UTXO privacy analysis: this dialog displays all the wallet transactions that are either parent of a UTXO, or can be related to it through address reuse (Note that in the case of address reuse, it does not display children transactions.)
- Coins tab: New menu that lets users easily spend a selection of UTXOs into a new channel, or into a submarine swap (Qt GUI).
- Lightning invoices are regenerated everytime routing hints are deprecated due to liquidity changes.
- Script descriptors are used internally to sign transactions.
• Qt GUI:
- fix sweeping
- fix send tab input_qr_from_camera
- fix crash reporter showing if send fails on typical errors
- bumpfee: disallow targeting an abs fee. only allow feerate
- fix undefined var check in swap_dialog
- really fix "recursion depth exceeded" for utxo privacy analysis
- better handle some expected errors in SwapDialog
- handle expected errors in DSCancelDialog
- persist addresses tab toolbar "show/hide" state
- New onchain transaction creation flow, with configurable preview
- Various options have been moved to toolbars, where their effect can be more directly observed.
• forbid paying to "http:" lnurls (enforce https or .onion)
• fix wallet.bump_fee "decrease payment" erroring on too high target fee rate
• fix performance regressions in tx logic
• fix "recursion depth exceeded" for utxo privacy analysis
• fix hardened char "h" vs "'" needed for some hw wallets
• fix wrong type for "history_rates" config option
• fix issues with wallet.get_tx_parents
• Intentionally break multisig wallets that have heterogeneous master keys.
• fix wallet.get_tx_parents for chain of unconf txs
• locale: translate more strings when using "default" lang
• wallet: persist frozen state of addresses to disk right away
• libsecp256k1: bump bundled version to 0.3.2
This application is licensed under the GPL version 3. There is no warranty and no party shall be made liable to you for damages. If you lose coins due to this app, no compensation will be given. Use this app solely at your own risk.
Store your secret phrase somewhere safe!
The multi-signature and non native segwit addresses starts with a "3" and not with a "F".
Electrum-GRS creates an encrypted filename default_wallet instead of wallet.dat (like in Groestlcoin Core)
• Location Windows: Navigate to C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Electrum-grs\wallets (or open windows explorer and enter %appdata%\Electrum-grs\wallets) and back up your default_wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.
• Location Mac: Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Electrum-grs/wallets and back up your default_wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.
GitHub Source server: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrumx
Github Source server installer: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrumx-grs-installer
Github Source client: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrum-grs
Github Source icons: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrum-grs-icons