Groestlcoin Lite is a simplistic lightweight "thin client" Groestlcoin wallet for Windows, MacOS and Linux based on groestlcoin.
Its main advantages over the original Groestlcoin client include support for not requiring the download of the entire block chain and being simplistic.
If you are an ordinary user of Groestlcoin and simply want a wallet that just works without hassle, then Groestlcoin Lite is the right choice for you.
• Quick and easy to install across all major desktop operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux)
• Secure by design - all private keys are kept encrypted on your local machine (or on a USB stick)
• Faster - Synchronizes with the network by downloading the block headers only very quickly
• Lighter - It does not require a new user to download the entire Groestlcoin chain and store it
• Easy - no need to search for extra nodes and edit the conf file
• Free and decentralised - Open Source under MIT license
On first run it will take a few minutes to sync up, during which the wallet will be shown as "Starting", and it will switch to "Running" once ready. If the wallet is stuck on starting, simply close the program and start it again.
To receive coins, use the address listed at the top-left of the window, and to send use the address at the bottom. To encrypt the wallet right-click it in the list on the right-hand side and select "Encrypt Wallet" then follow the prompts.
This application is licensed under MIT. There is no warranty and no party shall be made liable to you for damages. If you lose coins due to this app, no compensation will be given. Use this app solely at your own risk.
Groestlcoin Lite uses a filename cate_org.groestlcoin.production.wallet instead of wallet.dat (like in Groestlcoin Core)
• Location Windows: Navigate to C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\GroestlcoinLite (or open windows explorer and enter %appdata%\GroestlcoinLite) and back up your cate_org.groestlcoin.production.wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.
• Location Mac: Navigate to ~/Libarary/Application Support/GroestlcoinLite and back up your cate_org.groestlcoin.production.wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.