Groestlcoin-wpf is an alternative full node client with optional lightweight "thin client" mode based on WPF.
WPF, which stands for Windows Presentation Foundation, is Microsoft's latest approach to a GUI framework, used with the .NET framework.
Its main advantages over the original Groestlcoin client include lite wallet mode which does not requiring the download of the entire block chain.
If you want an alternative full node wallet and simply want a wallet that just works without hassle, then groestlcoin-wpf is the right choice for you.
• Bech32 support
• P2sh support
• Fixed Import/Export to wallet.dat
• Testnet Support
• Rescan wallet option
• Change wallet password option
• Addresstype and Changetype options through *.conf file
• Import from bootstrap.dat - It is a flat, binary file containing Groestlcoin blockchain data, from the genesis block through a recent height. All versions automatically validate and import the file "grs.bootstrap.dat" in the grs directory. Grs.bootstrap.dat is compatible with Qt wallet. GroestlCoin-Qt can load from it.
• In Full mode file %APPDATA%\Groestlcoin-WPF\GRS\GRS.bootstrap.dat is full blockchain in standard bootstrap.dat format and can be used with other clients.
• Works via TOR or SOCKS5 proxy
• Can use bootstrap.dat format as blockchain database
• Import/Export blockchain to/from bootstrap.dat
• Import wallet.dat from Groestlcoin-qt wallet
• Export wallet to wallet.dat
• Use both groestlcoin-wpf and groestlcoin-qt with the same addresses parallely. When you send money from one program, the transaction will automatically be visible on the other wallet.
• Rescan blockchain with a simple mouse click
• Works as a full node and listens to port 1331 (listening port can be changed)
• Fast Block verifying, parralel processing on multi-core CPUs
• Mine Groestlcoins with your cpu by a simple mouse click
• All private keys are kept encrypted on your local machine (or on a USB stick)
• Lite - Has a lightweight "thin client" mode which does not require a new user to download the entire Groestlcoin chain and store it
• Free and decentralised - Open Source under GNU license
Groestlcoin-WPF Database Modes
• Full mode - Customized DBLite library format. It uses persistent HashTable with parallel transactions. Non-compatible with other wallets. groestlcoin-wpf is set to ‘full mode’ by default.
• Lite (SPV) mode - Lite mode brings lightning-fast syncing with the Groestlcoin blockchain. Design based on the principles of the "Simplified Payment Verification" or “SPV” system outlined in section 8 of Satoshi’s Whitepaper. We’ve integrated optional lite functionality within the wallet.
This application is licensed under the GNU license. There is no warranty and no party shall be made liable to you for damages. If you lose coins due to this app, no compensation will be given. Use this app solely at your own risk.
Groestlcoin-WPF uses a filename wallet.db instead of wallet.dat (like in Groestlcoin-QT)
Location Windows: Navigate to C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Groestlcoin-WPF (or open windows explorer and enter %appdata%\Groestlcoin-WPF) and back up your wallet.db file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.