Electrum-GRS is a lightweight "thin client" groestlcoin wallet Windows, MacOS and Linux based on a client-server protocol.
Its main advantages over the original Groestlcoin client include support for multi-signature wallets and not requiring the download of the entire block chain.
If you are an ordinary user of Groestlcoin and simply want the convenience of a web wallet with the security of a real application and support for multi-signature, then Elecrum-GRS is the right choice for you.
• This version introduces a set of UI modifications that simplify the use of Lightning. The idea is to abstract payments from the payment layer, and to suggest solutions when a lightning payment is hindered by liquidity issues:
- Invoice unification: on-chain and lightning invoices have been merged into a unique type of invoice, and the GUI has a single 'create request' button. Unified invoices contain both a lightning invoice and an onchain fallback address.
- The receive tab of the GUI can display, for each payment request, a lightning invoice, a BIP21 URI, or an onchain address. If the request is paid off-chain, the associated on-chain address will be recycled in subsequent requests.
- The receive tab displays whether a payment can be received using Lightning, given the current channel liquidity. If a payment cannot be received, but may be received after a channel rebalance or a submarine swap, the GUI will propose such an operation.
- Similarly, if channels do not have enough liquidity to pay a lightning invoice, the GUI will suggest available alternatives: rebalance existing channels, open a new channel, perform a submarine swap, or pay to the provided onchain fallback address.
- A single balance is shown in the GUI. A pie chart reflects how that balance is distributed (on-chain, lightning, unconfirmed, frozen, etc).
- The semantics of the wallet balance has been modified: only incoming transactions are considered in the 'unconfirmed' part of the balance. Indeed, if an outgoing transaction does not get mined, that is not going to decrease the wallet balance. Thus, change outputs of outgoing transactions are not subtracted from the confirmed balance. (Before this change, the arithmetic values of both incoming and outgoing transactions were added to the unconfirmed balance, and could potentially cancel each other.)
- Added Coinbase exchange
- Removed Binance exchange
- Windows: we are dropping support for Windows 7. Version 4.2.0 already unintentionally broke compatibility with Win7 and there is no easy way to restore and maintain support. Existing users can keep using version 4.1.5 for now, but should consider upgrading or changing their OS. Win8.1 still works but only Win10 is regularly tested.
- bump bundled Python version (win, mac, appimage) to 3.9.11, (android) to 3.8.13. (note these include a fix to an openssl DOS-vector CVE-2022-0778)
- windows: bump pyinstaller to 4.10 and wine to 7.0.
- Appimage: fix the "--portable" flag for AppImage, and for pip installs.
- Appimage: fix AppImage failing to run on certain systems.
- Source-only: we now also distribute a "source-only" Linux-packager-friendly tarball, in addition to the current "normal" tarball. The "source-only" tarball excludes compiled locale files, generated protobuf files, and does not vendor our runtime python dependencies (the packages/ folder).
- Linux: fix os.chmod when running in tmpfs on Linux.
• Qt GUI:
- macOS: fix opening "Preferences" segfaulting for some.
- more resilient startup: better error-handling and fallback.
- some improvements for high-DPI monitors.
- fix duplication of some OS notifications on onchain txs.
- better handle unparseable URIs.
- fix LN error/warning message-handling, and fix regression that errors during channel-open were not properly shown in GUI.
- during LN chan open, do not backup wallet automatically.
- Imported wallets: fix delete_address removing too many txs.
- fix potential deadlock in wallet.py.
- fix "Automated BIP39 recovery" not scanning change paths.
- labels of payment requests were not propagated to history/addresses.
- better default labels of outgoing txs.
- bypass network proxy for localhost electrum server.
- security fix: remove support of "file://" URIs from BIP70 payment requests, which could be used to trigger "open()" on arbitrary files (see https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/security/advisories/GHSA-4fh4-hx35-r355)
• Hardware wallets:
- ledger: add progress indicator to sign_transaction.
- smarter pairing during sign_transaction.
- keepkey: fix pairing with device using a workaround.
- watching onchain outputs: significant perf. improvements.
- enforce relative order of some msgs during chan reestablishment, lack of which can lead to unwanted force-closures.
- fix: in case of a force-close containing incoming HTLCs, we were redeeming all HTLCs that we know the preimage for. This might publish the preimage of an incomplete MPP.
- support for LNURL-pay (LUD-06)
- updated trampoline feature bit in invoices.
- the claim transactions of reverse swaps are not broadcast until the parent transaction is confirmed. This can be overridden by manually broadcasting the local transaction.
- the fee of submarine swap transactions can be bumped.
- better error handling for trampoline payments, which should improve payment success rate.
- channel backups are removed automatically when the corresponding channel is redeemed.
- remove support of "legacy" (without static_remotekey) LN channels. Opening these channels were never supported in a release version, only during development prior to the first lightning-capable release. Wallets with such channels will have to close them.
- handle NotEnoughFunds when trying to pay LN invoice.
- handle NotEnoughFuds when trying to open LN channel.
- when closing LN channels, future (timelocked) txs were not shown in history.
This application is licensed under the GPL version 3. There is no warranty and no party shall be made liable to you for damages. If you lose coins due to this app, no compensation will be given. Use this app solely at your own risk.
Store your secret phrase somewhere safe!
The multi-signature and non native segwit addresses starts with a "3" and not with a "F".
Electrum-GRS creates an encrypted filename default_wallet instead of wallet.dat (like in Groestlcoin Core)
• Location Windows: Navigate to C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Electrum-grs\wallets (or open windows explorer and enter %appdata%\Electrum-grs\wallets) and back up your default_wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.
• Location Mac: Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Electrum-grs/wallets and back up your default_wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.
GitHub Source server: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrumx
Github Source server installer: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrumx-grs-installer
Github Source client: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrum-grs
Github Source icons: https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrum-grs-icons