Instant HTML5 cross-platform Groestlcoin wallet, controlled only by you.
Groestlcoin is excited to announce our new HTML5 instant wallet, JSWallet. We’ve listened to the community and have created a fast, easy, sexy wallet that is cross-browser and platform compatible.
Sticking to our core philosophy we neither hold nor have access to users’ Groestlcoins as all keys and info are stored client-side. Moreover, should our site ever go offline your wallet can be easily imported into another wallet system.
Create a wallet in under 5 seconds by moving your mouse around the screen (or finger on touch devices) without having to provide any user information. The client-side input of the motions generate entropy (randomness) which is couple with a random generator to create a Groestlcoin wallet.
You can consider JSWallet a hot wallet where your secret URL is your key, a key that can be further secured with a password should you so choose. JSWallet generates a brand new wallet with a public key. Look in the URL/address bar and you will see a random-looking string starting with ‘#’ or hash – the code after the hash is your brain wallet seed, and is a ‘secret link’ not visible anywhere other than on your local browser. Either copy the full URL somewhere safe or bookmark it for future access.
• Use Bittrex ticker
• Removed some fiat currencies
• Use low ‘s’ values for signatures
• Changed favicon
• Enable CORS
• Reveal Easter egg 1 (fake send): Enter “vapor” in the amount box
• Reveal Easter egg 2 (huge balance): Enter “ballin” in the amount box
• Reveal Easter egg 3 (huge balance with sound): Enter “baron” in the amount box
• Reveal Easter egg 4 (play turn down for what): Enter “tdfw” in the amount box
• Reveal Easter egg 5 (stop playing sound): Enter “stop” in the amount box
• No logins required
• Optional passwords
• Works on multiple devices
• Create a brainwallet
• Groestlcoins stored on client-side
• Written in HTML5
• Takes only 5 seconds
• Set your preferred fiat currency
• Export private key
• Export brainwallet key
• Set custom fee
Create your own URL by using a brainwallet. A brainwallet refers to a random passphrase that only you know. This allows you to easily remember your URL and type it on any browser to retrieve your wallet. Choosing a secure passphrase is critical. Typically a good passphrase is:
• At least 10 words long
• Use letters, capitals, numbers, and spaces
• Never been written in a book, song, or password system
• Easy for you to remember
• Impossible for someone to guess
It is appreciated if feedback of the following is provided:
1. Can you receive coins? (small amounts to avoid losing them)
2. Can you send coins?
3. Can you scan a QR code from another phone?
4. Do you hear a sound when sending and receiving?
5. Does it work on all (mobile) browsers?
6. Does the transaction takes couple of seconds??
7. Does it calculate exchange rates properly?
Either copy the full URL somewhere safe or bookmark it for future access.
Even though the ‘secret URL’ is never stored on the Internet itself, most modern browsers will save every URL they see, meaning your new brain wallet may get saved too. That’s handy if you’re the only person using your machine, but more dangerous if you’re using a shared or public computer. For this reason, the JSWallet team recommends setting a password, or using JSWallet only for quick transactions after which the new wallet is emptied and disposed of. Even if a hacker were to somehow gain access to a user’s secret URL, a password would prevent them accessing your funds. Otherwise, be sure to clean out the browser’s history as you would to get rid of any other embarrassing or unwanted URL record. While using multiple, easily created Groestlcoin addresses is a step toward anonymity and makes payments more difficult to tie to an individual.
The application may have unfound bugs and problems. To leave feedback:
1. PM me
2. Email: [email protected]
3. Post reports of erros in this topic.
https://github.com/Groestlcoin/grs-rush-wallet – JSwallet running in node.js